The Benefits of an Acupressure Mat
For centuries, India and China have used acupressure and acupuncture. The acupressure mat is arguably viewed as a modern day interpretation of India's 'bed of nails'. To put things very simply, the acuponcture mat is an Acupressure Mat. The acupressure mat can be used to promote relaxation, release tension, reduce pain and help in a host of health problems such as insomnia, injury recovery and pain relief.
A lot of people think that the acupressure mat originated in India. However, it was actually made by a Jonathan Hellboom, a former performer in the Circus who later became a monk. He witnessed the plenty benefits of the ancient bed of nails made use of by Indian gurus. The original acupressure mat has 6,000 points of contact with all of them positioned in perfect symmetry. This ensures that it gives a very identical acupressure effect as that of the bed of nails used by Yogis to release emotional, physical and mental baggage.
Acupressure mats have different categories, but most of them are available for alleviating neck pain and back pain. These two will be very helpful to people who work on a daily basis. These acupressure mats enhance the level of oxygen and energy in the body that will result in a lot more efficiency in the workplace. Every individual is seeking for improvements as regards efficiency in their daily lives - whether for work or otherwise. Acupressure mats can be used by anyone and its user-friendly nature ensures that users aren't required to learn any tough lesson or finish a course as it regards acupressure mats. All that is needed for the user is to learn a thing or two about the use and application of these mats.
Benefits of Acupressure Mats
Acupressure mats release oxytocin and endorphins in your bloodstream - your body's natural method of relieving pain and relaxing the body. However, what are the actual health benefits of the acupressure mat? Here are several of them:
• Acupressure mats lower blood pressure and increases/improves blood circulation.
• Acupressure mats reduce the symptoms of a lot of ailments that most people usually resign to live with. These ailments include sciatica, backache, lethargy, high-stress levels and muscular tension.
• Acupressure mats improve immunity.
• Acupressure mats help remove acid from the body. This is very helpful to people with gut issues or joint problems.
• Acupressure mats are very helpful in relieving stress.
• Acupressure mats help in relaxing the body and equally the mind.
• Acupressure mats help in improving the oxygen levels of the body.
• Acupressure mats help in giving relief to headaches and other related issues like migraine.
• Acupressure mats help in reducing anxiety levels and other related problems.
• With acupressure mats stimulating endorphins, depression can be drastically reduced.
• Acupressure mats help in removing or reducing sleeping disorders. They are also helpful in insomnia cases.
• Acupressure mats help in relieving inflammation and heartburn.
• Acupressure mats are helpful in alleviating leg pains and foot pains.
• Acupressure mats help in relieving nasal problems and sinus congestion.
• Acupressure mats help in cases of Diabetes.
• Acupressure mats are helpful in reducing indigestion problems and constipation.
• Acupressure mats are helpful in improving your efficiency by re-energizing your mind and body.
• Acupressure mats help in relieving fatigue problems.
• Acupressure mats help in promoting metabolism.
How the Acupressure Mat works
The acupressure mat exerts on the acupressure points and nerve endings near the spine to reduce tension and enhance the secretion of hormones like endorphins and oxytocin. These hormones are calming and their release will provide a feeling of wellbeing and deep relaxation.
How to use the Acupuncture Mat
The acupressure mat is quite easy to use. All you have to do is lay down on it with your face upwards. You can decide to place a pillow or a rolled-up towel under the acupressure mat so as to support your neck. On the other hand, you can decide to purchase the full acupressure set that comes with an acupressure mat and pillow. The best acupressure mats come with both.
You can decide to begin your day by putting your acupressure mat under your back. This should ensure that your subsequent day becomes very pleasant and productive. For more active people, you can get up from your bed to take a brief walk on the acupressure mat so as to gain refreshing energy.
The following should be remembered and considered when using the acupressure mat:
• If your skin is very sensitive, place a thin cloth over your acupressure mat, although this will slightly reduce its effectiveness.
• Lay on the acupressure mat for close to 10-15 minutes. With your body gradually getting used to this therapy, you may increase the time to 20-25 minutes. If comfortable with a longer time, you can use the mat for more than 25 minutes. This acupressure mat can be used multiple times a day. It's up to you as to how many times you want to use it.
• Use the mat daily to get the best results. If this cannot be done, make sure the mat is used as often as possible.
• When on the mat, breathe deeply. This will ensure that the positive benefits of the mat are accentuated.
• Make sure you do not engage in any activity of high intensity after making use of the acupressure mat. After using the mat, make sure you rest for some minutes so as to maintain the released energy.
• The acupressure mat isn't only used for the back. It can also be used to treat other areas with specific problems like knees, thighs, jaw, stomach or feet.
Who shouldn't make use of Acupressure Mats?
The following people should consult their Doctor before attempting to use acupressure mats:
• Pregnant women shouldn't attempt to use an acupressure mat before seeking consult. This is because it might lead to a problem.
• Women who are breastfeeding at the time of attempting to use the acupressure mat.
• People with critical heart conditions or heart diseases.
• People on medication for high or low blood pressure.
• People with skin infections or inflammation.
You can now get a luxery acupressure here.